Legacy Modernization Solutions
Legacy application modernization is an innovative approach for the legacy system which has been in existence for more than two decades. The need of modernization of legacy applications arises with the aim to extend the value of the legacy investment to new platforms through migration. The main goal is to retain the value of the legacy asset on the new platform.
Legacy systems are often very complicated projects of multiyear which typically requires modern techniques to convert them to modern computer programming languages, hardware platform and protocols. From organizational perspective, it becomes risky to keep old software and at the same times even detrimental to the business.
Legacy Modernization is abounded with some challenges such as:
- It requires to trained users to use and understand the new platforms and applications effectively.
- It needs organizational change management
- With a large footprint of legacy system, organizations not able to migrate and thus required a phased modernization approach.
- It requires the implementation of overlapping functionality and data duplication.
Overview of Methodology
What You Can Do…..
Low Risk, Low Impact
- Modernize interfaces quickly, adding support for Web services protocols, and exposing new, higherlevel APIs.
- Keep what’s reliable—change only what you need to change
- Minimal changes needed for green-screen modernization and SOA enablement
Re-Use Rather Than Replace
- Give a new look-and-feel to Natural, COBOL, RPG or any other 3GL applications
- Continue to get business value from the processes, business rules and workflow embedded in your core apps
Options To Consider
- Modernize applications at the screen level or business-logic level
- Integrate core apps with desktop and Web applications
- Re-host legacy applications to another platform—for example, from the mainframe to Oracle®
To leverage and extend the value inherent in mainframe applications, rehosting is often followed by service enablement for integration into an SOA framework. Integrating rehosted applications into the SOA framework provides key benefits:
For further information, please contact us
- Improves productivity, agility and speed for both Business and IT
- Allows IT to deliver services faster and align closer with business
- Allows the business to respond quicker and deliver optimal user experience
- Masks the underlying technical complexity of the IT environment.
- Avoids rip-and-replace risks